- It is like a room in your house that can only be reached by first going through another room.
- The balance of opposites between opposing signs is interfered with in cases of intercepted signs. An intercepted sign cannot easily form a gradient with its opposite. The qualities are left isolated and unbalanced.
- Areas related to the intercepted signs were not properly supported in early life.
- Rulers of house cusps controlling the intercepted signs give clues to handling difficulties of interception.
Intercepted Sign Pairs
- Difficult to get things started, often lost in daydreams instead. Good at procrastination.
- Actions begin abruptly, like out of the blue.
- Difficulty in self assertion in areas of life defined by house cusp.
- Fear of working alone.
- Since they think about things without taking action, can explode when it is time to act, filled with pent up emotions. Results in inappropriate behaviors.
- Tend to be in uneven partnerships in areas of life governed by the house.
- Difficulty in maintaining balance in area of life.
- Placements of Venus and Mars can help gain insight of solutions.
- Signs on the cusps and rulers can also help.
- Others don’t accept your aries qualities, don’t see it unless there is eruption, so then discount it.
- Difficulty finishing things.
- Taurus is acquisition, Scorpio disposal.
- Tend to accumulate things of house of Taurus on the cusp.
- Difficulty letting go of things related to the house of Taurus or scorpio, and anything else.
Difficulties in objectivity and handling of information.
“Sagittarius is the sign of generalities. It takes the details Gemini gathers and puts them together into principles.”
- Useless information is gathered in house with Gemini intercepted.
- Difficulty discriminating between things in house where Sagittarius is intercepted.
- Taurus will be on the cusp of the house intercepting Gemini – making the person closed minded.
- Scorpio is on the cusp of the house intercepting Sagittarius – optimism is replaced by pessimism difficulty getting excited over things.
- Easy to get caught up in dogma.
Gradient – being home or out in the world. Both cardinal, so will have mutable signs on the cusp of their houses.
Difficulty getting started. Gemini on the cusp makes for endless information gathering or postulating in place of action.
“Sagittarius is the architect, Capricorn is the builder.” Too much time spent in planning. Ability to organize and keep on schedule difficult.
- Optimistic about things of house intercepting Capricorn, with underlying deep fear.
- difficult to organize area of life of intercepted capricorn.
“In the Northern hemisphere, if late Sagittarius is on the Ascendant, Capricorn is usually
intercepted. The people with this were, in early childhood, forced to suppress their serious,ambitious side (Capricorn) and put on a happy face (Sagittarius).”
“In the 7th house where Cancer is intercepted, one of two things can happen. Either the marriage partner seems to be a sparkling, talkative, intellectual Gemini (not necessarily a Gemini Sun sign, but a Gemini type) who later turns into a complaining, demanding whiner, or the partner pictures us as the light, breezy Gemini type and WE turn into the negative Cancer type, with never-ending emotional demands.” Very true in personal experience.
Capricorn Ascendant in Northern hemisphere often has Aquarius intercepted in the 1st house.
- Difficulty learning to explore new, strange, and socially unacceptable things, often due to intolerance of an adult.
- Often appear normal, then rebel – again pent up energies explode in inappropriate ways, often overdone.
Virgo rules assimilation into yourself, seeks detail in material world, create processes.
Pisces is about assimilation into the universe, seeks the immaterial. Also ability to visualized.
Together Virgo-Pisces work to dream up a future, then figure out how to pull it off, make it real.
Very critical in areas of life governed by the house where you find virgo. Leo will be on the house cusp, so there will be optimism on the surface, followed by picking things apart.
Last updated on December 4, 2017 at 1:48 am. Word Count: 657