Becoming a Gemini
The Sun is in the sign of GEMINI this month. Those of us who were born between May 21st and June 20th have a Sun Sign of Gemini. Our keyword is I KEEP MY OPTIONS OPEN.
IF YOU’RE AN GEMINI SUN
If you’re a Gemini Sun, your mission in this lifetime is to network with others, learn and communicate new ideas, and keep your options open.
You’re learning to take yourself and life more lightly, to lighten up!
You will find yourself becoming a “Jack of all trades, master of none” because you have interest in so many different things. And that’s the whole idea of being a Gemini – to explore all the options life has to offer.
It’s hard for other people to pin you down, because you resist making a commitment, even to a dinner date! You subconsciously understand that you need to stay flexible, open to other possibilities.
Monitor your DayTimers closely if you’re a Gemini – it should have lots of empty spaces in it to symbolize your openness to new and interesting experiences!
Do you feel like you have time for flowing with the moment? If a friend pops into town, do you have time? If you decide to take a roadtrip, can you cancel some of your many commitments? That’s the whole point of being a Gemini in this lifetime – to learn to be fluid, not to be over-serious and overcommitted, and to figure out that variety truly is the spice of life.
As a Gemini, you’re supposed to seek out ideas and conversation. You’re happiest when you’re exploring many different ideas rather than doing intense research on one idea. And you’re happiest when you have a wide variety of people to talk with, books to read, ideas to explore.
You need mental stimulation and wide open spaces in order to feel content. Sometimes you need to open a window just so you feel like there’s movement in your life. Hanging a wind chime or two in front of an open window also suits you.
You’re uncomfortable and edgy when you feel stagnant, when the phone isn’t ringing, when you’re not in on what’s going on! You don’t like being tied down by anyone, even a spouse – you insist on being able to come and go as you please. If you feel like you can’t come and go as you please, you’re not going to be a very happy Gemini, so figure out what’s holding you down and make some changes in your life!
THE ASTROLOGICAL MONTH, May 21st to June 20th
During this astrological month, May 21st and June 20th, of course all Gemini Sun Signs celebrate their birthdays, and the rest of us join them in celebrating our need to keep our options open and take things as they come!
That’s what Gemini is all about – becoming more responsive to the moment, not taking things so seriously, looking at our options, networking with other people and finding out what they have to say, and finding out what WE have to say!
Sometimes as a Gemini we don’t know what we think until we have a chance to talk it out and process!
If you’re a Gemini and you find yourself getting depressed about how many commitments you have and how full your DayTimers is, then it’s time to take a step back and get things back in perspective.
Or if you’re a Gemini and you go through days on end without talking to anyone, then it’s definitely time to make some changes in your life.
In our astrological Sun Sign bracelets, we use the semi-precious gem Tigers Eye for our Gemini Bracelet! We choose gemstones based on the qualities of the stone – if you’re trying to incorporate more Gemini energy into your life, wear some Tigers Eye gemstones!
FROM May 21st to June 20th EVERY YEAR WE CELEBRATE GEMINI ENERGY EVEN IF WE ARE NOT GEMINI SUN SIGNS
Even those of us who are NOT Gemini Sun Signs can celebrate Gemini energy this month! That’s the kind of energy the universe is providing for us this month.
From May 21st to June 20th every year, we have a chance to lighten up, get a variety of experiences in our lives, and generally spice up our lives with new possibilities.
We have a chance to look at our DayTimers and think about how we’re filling up our lives and whether or not those time slots are filled with activities and ideas and people that truly nourish us.
- Do we allow ourselves enough time that is unstructured?
- Do we allow ourselves to connect often enough with people in our lives? When’s the last time we drove over to a friend’s house without calling first? Do we need to up our cell phone minutes so we can stay in touch with what’s going on in the world?
- If we’re jittery and nervous (the negative Gemini trait), why?
- Have we over-committed ourselves and need to work on being less high-strung?
- Do we have an interest in many different things, or are we a little too single-minded?
- Do we feel mentally and socially stimulated?
- Are we able to come and go as we please, or do we feel trapped too often? Should we subscribe to some new magazine or journal to give us something new to think about?
For some of us who express more negative Gemini this month, we may find ourselves feeling high-strung, smoking too much, being incredibly restless, and finishing everyone’s sentences for them because our minds are working so very fast!
Keep in touch this Gemini month with your own need for mental and social stimulation – if you’ve got a Gemini in your life, keep in mind that he or she needs to feel like they can come and go as they please, and they need lots of interesting conversation and ideas in their life!
Real astrology is not about “What’s going to happen to me?” It’s about “How can I best use the energy that’s coming at me?” And the energy that’s coming at you during this Gemini month is encouraging you to keep your options open, and to realize that you truly have endless options.
You can be more adaptable, more flexible. Do you feel like you have options? Do you feel connected with other people, or are you isolated from them?
ASK YOURSELF THESE GEMINI QUESTIONS:
- The symbol for Gemini is the Twins – symbolizing someone who sees both sides of a question. Do I see options in my life, other people’s viewpoints, other possibilities?
- Is there movement in my life or do I need to buy myself a windchime to promote some movement and activity in my life?
- Do I allow myself time to read magazines or books and see things from a different perspective once in a while?
- Do I need to pick up the phone and call someone and find out what’s going on in their lives?
- Do I feel like my options are open?
- Am I overly nervous and stressed because I have too many commitments? Do I get into hypochondria because I’m so stressed about having so much to do?
- Do I play Devil’s Advocate with people who try to talk to me just because I enjoy word games and sparring with people?
- Am I able to come and go as I please, and if not, why not?
- Do I resent my commitments?
- Do I feel connected to people in my life? Have I deliberately stayed unconnected from them, and if so, why?
- Am I restless and jittery?
- Do I allow myself to sample new ideas and new experiences, or has my life gotten stagnant and boring??
This is the month to answer those questions for yourself, regardless of what your Sun Sign is!!
Next month we’ll ask ourselves Cancer questions about our need for a family and a home.
Do you want to ask yourself even tougher questions in Gemini month?
Take a look at your birth horoscope, and check out which of your twelve life areas is your GEMINI area.
In which area are YOU needing to get more options, do more networking, be more flexible in?
If you don’t know where Gemini is in YOUR chart, please calculate your natal chart!