Welcome to our October Monthly Horoscope 2017 For All Zodiac Signs!
Theme of the Month:
Every day in every way, we are in relationship with everyone and everything.
Libra is opposite Aries in the Zodiac wheel. Where Aries represents one (you and your identity in the world), Libra represents two (you and someone else). Libra is the first real taste of how your world occurs with someone else actively in it.
Libra is known for being the sign of balance, equality, justice, fairness, respect, peace, harmony, and beauty. That’s quite a bit to attribute to one sign, yet it is what this sign represents.
This is not to say that Libra energy is all about peace, beauty, and harmony all of the time. In fact, Libra will sometimes take an extreme position in order to balance out another extreme position (something like jumping on the opposite end of a teeter-totter or a set of scales) if they perceive a situation or circumstance to be unfair or unjust. This may sometimes be perceived as hypocrisy, yet to Libra, it may be perfectly justifiable to take a firm stand to the opposite position in a matter just to bring balance to a situation.
All of those qualities, for better or worse, are why Libra is associated with relationships. Yet, in the context of one’s astrological makeup, we tend to forget that we, as humans, make even our one-on-one relationships with others in our lives all about individual ourselves in some way, shape, or form.
That said, many of us are familiar with Sir Issac Newton’s Third Law of Motion:
“For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.” “The forces of energy must work in pairs – it is impossible for any force to exist on its own.” Within this principle, energy (and therefore, people) must have something to contrast, and in some cases something to oppose, to have some sense of self.
The Libra energy experience in your life reflects Newton’s Third Law of Motion. It reminds you that there are two sides to every story or experience, and therefore, for every story there is a relationship. You have relationships with every person and every thing around you in every moment of every day, whether you are aware of or acknowledge those relationships or not. And everyone and everything in your life is in your life so you may be challenged to consider a different perspective or an alternate view of your relationship to All-That-Is.
You are, as we each are, uniquely created and wired to have a unique experience and purpose in the world. Therefore, we each have a different perception of the world. Our experiences, opinions, beliefs – they vary from person to person because they are supposed to vary. None of us are exactly the same because we each have a one-of-a-kind journey to travel in our lives and our own exceptional role(s) to fulfill in the world.
Yes, YOU have a one-of-a-kind journey and a one-of-a-kind role to play in the world.
Yet often, because you are in relationships with others, you sometimes forget that your journey is yours and yours alone – even if it involves others along the way. A significant part of being in healthy and balanced relationships is remembering that ultimately, you alone are responsible for the choices you make for the course your life’s journey takes. You alone are responsible for who you allow to influence your life. You alone are responsible for what you choose to perceive and/or believe about the way your life goes.
Because your individual being and life journey is not accidental and without purpose, because each one of us exists for a reason, and because that reason often has to do with some one or some thing else, that is where the Libra qualities of peace, harmony, and beauty come into play. These qualities come forth through your acceptance of and respect for the unique individuality of another person’s identity, life journey, and point of view, whether or not it is in agreement or in contrast with your own.
Remember that “for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction”. There is no other time during the year (except for 2-3 days during the Full Moon in Libra opposite the Aries Sun) when you get to experience that phenomenon so clearly, and there is no other time during the year when you get to experience it on or from the reactive or responsive side of matters. This is a wonderful time to gain insights into who you are for the people in your life and how you are occurring for them.
So, look to where Libra falls in your astrological chart for guidance in how to utilize this energy in your personal life journey. For more information and insights, see the October 2017 Horoscope for your zodiac sign.
October Horoscope Overview ~ Purge & Merge
Do you notice that when you clear out some space on a shelf, it doesn’t stay empty long? Energy is in constant motion and when space is made externally or internally, it wants to fill. So when new experiences are desired, the best way to usher them in, is to make room for them. This month is full of extra opportunities to purge items, beliefs, dynamics, that are no longer in resonance with your higher vision of your life, compliments of lots of short-term planetary movement through Libra and Scorpio. Release and partnering continue as long-term themes due to Jupiters movement into Scorpio this month. The theme of expanding relationships began to get really heated up starting in the fall of last year when Jupiter moved into Libra. As Jupiter makes its move to Scorpio it will carry some different themes from the Libra transit but because Libra and Scorpio are two signs of relationships, merging continues as common theme that continues with the sign change.
Some additional themes starting around now and lasting for around a year will include psychology; astrology; mysteries of all kinds; occult or esoteric studies (exploring the riches of the lesser seen realms); the topic of shared or “other peoples” money through marriage, financial collaboration, inheritances, sweepstakes, lotto (and other winnings), debt, loans, investments, capital funding and other financial support or assistance, research/investigation; intimacy; sex; power; birth; death; rebirth (the energy of the Phoenix rising from the ashes); and empowerment of self and others.
The Octobre horoscope 2017 shows that this month we have one of the luckies aspects of the year, Sun conjunct Jupiter. This happens on October 26 (sometimes felt strongly the day before or after, too).
Awesome transits bring great opportunities for flow and challenging aspects often bring pressure, stress, or overstimulation. Something important to note is that the state of our adrenal glands will often play a part in how we experience astrologically-related challenges (and any other stress). Supporting the adrenals is a wonderful way to assist in more easily handling challenges that comes with tough aspects, and in having more clarity and energy to use the fantastic energies.
We are still in the last great window of 2017 that is free of personal planet retrogrades that started September 20. This window runs through November 15. This window is full of great opportunities for new commitments, big decisions, and charging forward. I always recommend tuning in to intuition as you navigate around the aspects. Even if a day is ‘supposed to be good astrologically’, if it isn’t flowing well for you, feel into making your important decisions when you feel the flow in your personal experience.
Check out more October Horoscope 2017 Highlights:
** Note: often the effects of planetary transits are felt before or after the actual day the transit occurs.
- October 1 — Mars in Virgo Trine Pluto in Capricorn — This is the second and last time this aspect occurs, the previous one was on April 6. It can bring courage, confidence, determination, and recognition. This is a great aspect for important actions.
- October 3 — Venus in Virgo Trine Pluto in Capricorn — Material support or gains often come with this line-up. This is a great time to take important action.
- October 5 — Full Moon at almost 13° of Aries — Fullness, completion, fruition comes to the sector of individuality and self-image. It can bring a notable amount of attention to the individual from others or could also come in the form of some physical accomplishments (like running a marathon) or a health issue coming to light or to a head. This full moon is also opposing Mercury, squaring Pluto both bringing forces that seem to work against accomplishment, and coinciding with Venus and Mars in Virgo conjunct, which can be very auspicious for money, love, and self-esteem. The Venus and Mars conjunction in Virgo could also bring some intense criticism. Try to use the enhanced analytical powers wisely.
The culmination of this Full Moon cycle has much to do with the reconciliation of relationships in our lives, our communities, and the world at large.
While the Sun is in the sign Libra, the Full Moon falls in the opposite sign, Aries. Aries is the first fire sign of the zodiac denoting the first courageous “push” of the emerging ego. The planetary ruler of Aries is the fiery planet, Mars. Aries encourages the spirit of the pioneer and the adventurer, and the archetype of the warrior.
This Full Moon in Aries encourages us to embrace our passion fully, but to also be aware that this does not have to come at another’s expense. Conversely, victimization and martyrdom are the “shadow” side of Libra, and do not do well in the land of Aries!
It is interesting that Venus, the planet of beauty and harmony, is the ruler of the sign Libra. Both the “Peacemaker” and the “Warrior” are highlighted during this Full Moon. Astrologically, Venus and Mars make very complementary and passionate partners proving that it is easier to make love than war.
On a personal level, where the Sun falls in Libra in your natal chart shows where you are being called to balance and harmonize your relationships. The house where Aries falls marks where you need to clearly state your power, express yourself, and become more self-assertive. It is all a matter of balance (remember, the sign Libra is symbolized by the scales of Justice).
You need to “Know Thyself” in order to get what you want in life; but you also need to relate to “the other” in order to have healthy relationships. Where do you need to negotiate better terms for yourself? Where do you need to see things from someone else’s point of view?
- October 8 — Venus in Virgo Square Saturn in Sagittarius — The October 2017 Astrology shows that pressure is put upon finances and relationships with this transit. Self-esteem can also waver. Be open to constructive comments but don’t take things to personally.
- October 9 — Mercury & Sun Conjunct in Libra both Square Pluto in Capricorn — Negativity and suspicions can run high now. An antagonist force could reveal inner resources that were hidden and ready to come into the light. The desire to control or the feeling of being controlled by some other force may be strong now. Although conflict like this can propel outer movement, make sure that there is proper use of power. The end may not justify the means.
- October 10 — Jupiter enter Scorpio — This movement of Jupiter is beginning the trend for the upcoming year of purging and merging. Mysteries, power, sex, intimacy, money, investments, shared resources, esoteric studies, psychology, astrology all have great potential to come into greater focus for the individual and the world in general.
- October 11 — Mars in Virgo Square Saturn in Sagittarius — Being a perfectionist may be harder now. If frustration occurs because of too much focus on details, try to be more flexible to give a chance for the energy to more easily express.
- October 12 — Mercury in Libra Sextile Saturn in Sagittarius — This aspect is great for concentration and figuring out solutions, especially to topics that involve the bigger picture and long-term outcomes.
- October 15 — Mercury in Libra Opposing Uranus in Aries — There is commonly an increase in nervous tensions now. There is increased tendency to rush and not be present and the odds are increased that mistakes with annoying repercussions could be made. Grounding, resting, and centering in the midst of the madness can go a long way to averting unnecessary issues.
- October 16 — Sun in Libra Sextile Saturn in Sagittarius — This transit often brings a burst of support or respect from an older or more established person.
- October 18 — Mercury in Scorpio Conjunct Jupiter in Scorpio — Fortune and good news often come with this transit. These planets in deeply intimate Scorpio could also represent notable financial support, powerful collaborations or unions, or major insights from psychological or esoteric studies. Intense expression of a negative kind can also occur. This isn’t a time to antagonize.
- October 19 — New Moon at 26° of Libra — Make your ten New Moon wishes on the subjects of partnerships or other relationships, diplomatic communications, and health issues involving the adrenals, sugar levels, and kidneys. A great angle with Saturn brings potentials for great outcomes from hard work, a conjunction with Jupiter expands all possibilities, and an opposition with Uranus brings a surprise element that could be an unpredictable, erratic or antagonistic force or a request from the Universe to stretch out of your comfort zone in order to make a situation work.
The “buzzwords” for this New Moon in Libra are “Love” and/or “Finances”. The sign of Libra is all about relationships.
Since relationships carry so much of our own psychological “projections”, the best way to sort out a “problem” in your relationship sector, is to first ask yourself “what is this person, situation, relationship mirroring back to me”? What are my worst fears concerning this issue?
Do I “value” myself enough for another person to really value me? Do I have “strings attached” to loving? (We all do…it is just a matter of becoming consciously aware of where and how we “project” them onto another person that can make the difference between a healthy and dysfunctional relationship.)
These are tricky questions, but well worth investigating and of course, the “silver lining” is that is VERY possible to manifest your heart’s desire at this time…..but be careful what you wish for, as you WILL manifest it!
The October horoscope reveals that the good news is that you can really “sort out” and redefine what you want in a relationship, as the Libra New Moon on Octomber 19th is also about “attracting” Love into your life. If you are a Libran, or have major planets in Libra, the themes of Love & Money will demand more of your attention than usual. By the end of the month, you may be humming the tune: “What’s Love Got to Do with it?”
Enlightenment is not imagining figures of light but making the darkness conscious.
Who controls the food supply controls the people; who controls the energy controls whole continents; who controls money can control the world. (Henry Kissinger)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. (Voltaire)
- October 24 — Mercury in Scorpio Trine Neptune in Pisces — Imagination and psychic sensitivities soar with this transit. It can also come with notable dream experiences. This is a great time to explore dream work like lucid dreaming.
- October 26 — Sun in Scorpio Conjunct Jupiter in Scorpio — This yearly meet-up is considered one of the luckiest transits. This is great time to do anything important, especially involving relationships, intimacy, shared money or other resources, spiritual or psychological studies, or looking for answers to a mysterious situation.
- October 27 — Venus in Libra Square Pluto in Capricorn — Surfacing of deep issues regarding power and control commonly occur now, especially as it relates to love, money, and self-esteem. It is not usually the best time to act on strong feelings that arise now as it is likely to bring intense drama. Doing inner work or seeking other psychological support to work on the core issue can be very productive.
- October 27 — Mercury in Scorpio Sextile Pluto in Capricorn — This transit can bring answers to deep questions and powerful breakthroughs. Intentionally using this energy for meditation and integration will go a long way. Clear understanding of long-standing dynamics in relationships with people and money may come in now.
October Horoscope 2017 Forecast For Each Zodiac Sign
Overall, the October monthly horoscope for 2017 shows that sweet aspects occur in the times around: October 1, 3, 5, 9, 10, 12, 16, 18, 19, 24, 26, 27. Opportunities for practicing zen will likely come up in the days around: October 5, 8, 9, 11, 15, 18, 19, 27.
Last updated on October 12, 2017 at 12:36 pm. Word Count: 2871