Welcome to the April Monthly Horoscope 2018 For All Zodiac Signs!
Theme of the Month:
We are at the tail end of our open window for big pushes outward but at the time of this writing (end of February), we still have around 10 days of energy great for getting some last minute launches in and other important steps. Do know though that anything that has been brought out recently or ever will likely be heavily tested or reconsidered over the rest of 2018.
Also know that even though the tides are starting to roll in soon, there are plenty of potentials for productivity, major shifts and enlightenment, fun, and more over the retrogrades, and that retrograde transits are great for lots of things.
April 2018 Horoscope Overview~ Delicious Containment
There is a spiritual law I have heard described in many ways that I call containment. This is a practice where we hold ideas, projects, opinions, and our energy in general, close to us. The understanding is two-fold – one piece is that energy can be stronger when it is allowed to properly gather instead of consistently dissipating it as it is created; the second is that there are appropriate times for bringing the energy, in whatever form, out of your personal aura.
This month is strong with Aries energy, which of all the signs of the Zodiac, is the antithesis of containment. Usually at this time it would appropriate to be sending energy off in all different directions but because of the combination of Mercury and Jupiter retrograde, joined this month by Saturn and Pluto moving into retrograde, as well as a predominance of clashes of forward-moving Aries energy with Saturnian forces (a pattern that dominated March so will likely feel familiar by now), energetic containment is highly indicated and my chosen theme for the month.
So this month invites delicious containment as a viewpoint and practice and seeing it as an exercise rather than a frustrating chore can completely transform the experience.
The urge to take action could be very strong. You will know which things need further fine-tuning or patience in their expression by the forces that come to test what you are trying to do. As with last month, my recommendation for using this energy to bring past projects to closure, rather than invest too much in new ideas. One exception to this is fun or creativity just for the sake of itself, so not planning to have any long-term results from it. The dominance of Earth energies this month bring the caution here to maintain practicality with the pursuit of fun and leisure as reckless actions are definitely not well-supported at this time. Adventure, impulse, and randomness could have a place, as long as caution and practicality are sisters in the venture.
In summary, productive projects, especially ones with an eye to the past, are best done now and not pushing too hard in areas where things don’t seem to be flowing also makes sense. Taking action on wrapping up unfinished business and researching or doing work on ideas or opportunities that came before this time can help use the combination of action-oriented and backward-focusing energies at this time. It is also prudent to put extra effort this month into guarding your body and health (especially your head).
Mercury is retrograde until April 15th, and the shadow period for Mercury retrograde lasts until May 4 so the end of April/Early May, is better for (and can actually be quite good for) big decisions, contracts, big discussions or meetings, etc. and there are some great dates for moving forward that I list below in the April aspect break-down.
I have talked about for a long time how once March 8 rolled in, we would be entrenched in retrograde energy until mid-December 2018, so actions favor internal focus and clearing things up or working with projects from the past. At the same time, if you have things that have to launch or be done of great importance, and you need to do these things before mid-December, the end of April and the month of May, are the best of the remaining options, as this time dances lightly between the stronger parts of the ongoing retrograde season. Mars goes retrograde June 26 with the pre-shadow period starting as early as May 11. This transit will bring many slow downs to plans and ambitions or could create things previously put in place as moving on easy autopilot. The rest of the Summer (and Winter down under) can be great for vacations, too, but note that we have eclipses again in July, as well as another round of Mercury retrograde July-August, which will bring many instances of sudden news that could effect plans and also bring general plan shifts and difficulty making decisions.
Check out more April Highlights:
** Note: often the effects of planetary transits are felt before or after the actual day the transit occurs.
- April 1 — Sun in Aries Conjunct Mercury in Aries — Fast thinking, speaking, and moving characterize this aspect. Inspiration runs strong and so can impatience and ego. Think twice before speaking, look twice before changing lanes, and especially guard your head and neurological system.
- April 2 — Mars and Saturn Conjunct in Capricorn — Careful, practical actions carry great weight now. Movement may see obstacles or alternatively receive strong support. Efficiency is beckoned.
- April 4-5 — Mercury in Aries Square Mars and Saturn in Capricorn — Impulsive or thoughtless action can bring strong conflict and frustration now. Anything said or done must past the Saturn tests of practicality and tradition.
- April 7 — Venus in Taurus Trine Saturn in Capricorn — A sweet spot between challenges. This could bring a victory from the challenges of aspects before and after now. Again, as is the theme of the month, well-thought out and careful planning and action win over frivolity.
- April 10-11 — Sun in Aries Square Pluto in Capricorn — Vitality is drained by run-in’s with unyielding authority figures. New ways of doing things are heavily tested by old, proven ways.
- April 10-11 — Venus in Taurus Trine Mars in Capricorn — Another sweet spot here among conflicts. Softer and more refined approaches bring great harmony now.
- April 12 — Venus in Taurus Sextile Neptune in Pisces — Sentiment and groundedness blend nicely now. Hard work that carries heart is the best way to go. Also rewarded now is care of the senses and emotions.
- April 14 — Mars in Capricorn Sextile Neptune in Pisces — This transit favors calm consistency working towards idealistic ends.
- April 15 — New Moon at 26° of Aries — This time is a major astrological power period. This time is one of the BEST times of the whole year for wishing and the creation of vision boards (virtual or tangible creations that hold images and phrases embodying your deepest needs and desires). Making your 10 New Moon wishes especially on the topics of: independence, inspiration, balancing ego, motivation, healing anger and the neurological system (and any other malady based in the head area of the body), taking action, balancing impulsivity, and maturity.
- April 15 — Mercury Direct at 4° of Aries (post-shadow until May 4) — The ruler of communication and mobility shifts gear now. These few days around this change can bring an increase in the confusion, miscommunication, and plan changes that are characteristic of this time. This energy decreases towards the end of April and clears completely May 4.
- April 17 — Venus in Taurus Opposing Jupiter in Taurus — Sensual desires can easily turn into gluttony at this time. Excessive indulgence is self-limiting at this time. This time is a lesson in learning “when to say when “ in all areas of life.
- April 18 — Saturn in Retrograde at 9° of Capricorn (back to 2° of Capricorn through September 5) — Saturn has been dishing out hard lessons and major manifestation to the Capricorn areas of life (business, responsibility, relationship with father figures and authority, accomplishment, ones place out in the world) since the end of 2017. The lessons and external focus starts to lighten now, working more on the inner and less tangible planes. Very often Saturn retrograde is experienced as a rest between lessons but for those with Capricorn, Libra, Aries, or Cancer placements from 2° – 9° degrees, a continuation of the stories of conflict that were introduced in recent months occurs. Often this second chapter of the aspect is lighter than the first (let’s hope so!) For those with 2° – 9° of Scorpio, Pisces, Taurus, or Virgo, blessings that Saturn brought in during recents months can see greater expansion during this retrograde and the months beyond as Saturn returns to forward movement after September 5.
- April 18 — Sun and Uranus Conjunct in Aries — The chances for jolting surprises are much increased now, for better or worse. Especially guard your head and neurological system. Be especially careful when moving your body ~ look twice before crossing a street, changing lanes, or doing anything reckless.
- April 22 — Pluto Retrograde at 21° of Capricorn (back to 18° of Capricorn through September 30) — Pluto revels in its retrograde transit, turning deeply inward is its specialty. Those with placements from 18°-21° of Capricorn, Libra, Aries, or Cancer receive deeper doses of the Pluto medicine dealt in recent months. Nothing short of major transformation is afoot. For those with placements 18°-21° of Scorpio, Pisces, Taurus, and Virgo, blessings that Pluto has brought in recent times deepen.
- April 23-24 — Mars in Capricorn Sextile Jupiter in Scorpio — This is an amazing time for collaborations, especially for business.
- April 25 — Mercury in Aries Square Saturn in Capricorn — Communication and other expression may be blocked or challenged at this time. Ideas presented will bump up against long-term-minded Saturn.
- April 26 — Mars and Pluto Conjunct in Capricorn — This can be an awesome time to get things done. Even though Mercury isn’t completely back up to speed it is great energy for starting to move things forward. Important meetings and plans have great support now however note that due to the aspect with Mercury and Saturn yesterday, some lingering tests or conflicts could be standing before forward movement.
- April 29 — Sun in Taurus Trine Saturn in Capricorn — This is one of my favorite aspects for moving forward and taking steps to lock in long-term plans. Even amidst the previous, current, and upcoming retrograde energies, this can be a great time to slip some launches or big decisions or steps in.
- April 29 — Full Moon at 9° of Scorpio — Fullness, completion, fruition, and possibly drama come to all things Scorpio: Intimacy, sex, power, collaboration, sharing/merging of resources, inheritances, loans, credit, marriage, esoteric topics, psychology, astrology, and more.
The Full Moon in Virgo is March 1st/2nd.
The New Moon in Pisces is March 17th.
2018 April Horoscope Forecast For Each Zodiac Sign
Aries April 2018 Horoscope (March 21 – April 19)
Well aren’t you just a hottie Aries and Happy Birthday to those of you born under this sign! Oh and isn’t it all about YOU. Well from your view point lol yes it is! It’s very much going to be a Me, Me, Me month for you. And it won’t really be just from your point of view either. Lots of support coming from…Aries April 2018
Taurus April 2018 Horoscope (April 20- May 20)
Oh Taurus sharpen those horns and get ready for your sign to roll back around into the top of the wheel later in the month. If you were born during the last part of this month keep in mind you’ll be hit both by the energies of this month and next month more than anyone else. And Happy Birthday you to those late April….Taurus April 2018
Gemini April 2018 Horoscope (May 21 – June 20)
Gemini aren’t you a mouthy one this month LOL. Hey there isn’t any thing at all wrong with stating your opinions and speaking up for yourself! As long as you don’t overstep your boundaries where other people’s emotions and feelings are concerned, then go for it. If you are a writer or story teller, this is an….Gemini April 2018
Cancer April 2018 Horoscope (June 21 – July 22)
Cancer I have to be honest with you, yer giving me a headache. If I was as busy as you are going to be this month I think I’d plan a vacation sometime in May or June. Talk about ambitious, that’s you this month, all month. A few other things going on and I’ll get to that in a few but this month for you really seems……Cancer April 2018
Leo April 2018 Horoscope (July 23- August 22)
Whoa and slow down there Leo, I know you like to roar and show off that wonderful charm and wit, but ………. This month will be a lot of what you want, who you want, how you want it and how you’re bound and determined to get it. It’s the how you go about doing it that worries me. If it sounds like…Leo April 2018
Virgo April 2018 Horoscope (August 23 – September 22)
Virgo, you are being A LOT more eclectic than usual this month, in your personal tastes of lifestyle, people and even future ambitions. It takes a lot of guts to make changes but that’s what I see happening for you this month. Not saying it will be easy, but you definitely show signs of new adventures and new…Virgo April 2018
Libra April 2018 Horoscope (September 23 – October 22)
Well good day fellow and fellowete Librans. OOoohhhh isn’t that just so politically correct? Fellowete, so it’s not a real word, but we females count too, we need our own words! Hmm so does this sort of tell you what the start of the month for us lot will be like? Sassy, assertive and maybe just a little bit….Libra April 2018
Scorpio April 2018 Horoscope (October 23 – November 21)
Oh Scorpio you’re all touchy and feely this month. Oh let’s not leave out PASSIONATE. Passion doesn’t just focus on emotional relationships but on any project or issue you may have your focus on. If it’s another person, don’t forget that not everyone has the focus that you have. Others could mistake….Scorpio April 2018
Sagittarius April 2018 Horoscope (November 22 – December 21)
Well Sagittarius, aren’t you feeling like a hottie right now. Flaunt it if you’ve got it baby! This month for you is about emotions and relationships. Your personal relationships seem to be in harmony with your mindset and this is giving you an extra boost of self confidence. Go baby Go. Lots of opportunities for new….Sagittarius April 2018
Capricorn April 2018 Horoscope (December 22 – January 19)
Capricorn! It’s time to party and enjoy life this month! Wahooo and invite me! And it’s about relationships for you. Particularly romantic ones, lets get blunt here, it’s about needs, desires and maybe even some passion. Don’t discount the other relationships you have, friends, family and the people…Capricorn April 2018
Aquarius April 2018 Horoscope (January 20 – February 18)
Oh Aquarius, do you know what whompy means? It’s one of my favorite personal words, so I’ll share it with you. It means off balance, out of kilter, like a top that’s been spinning and is about to topple over. That is you in a nut shell this month. That doesn’t mean a negative, and I’m going to try to show you….Aquarius April 2018
Pisces April 2018 Horoscope (February 19 – March 20)
Oh Pisces, I’m imagining the old mermaids and sirens of old. Sing a song of romance and longing. Sing it loud and long, maybe some karaoke? Silly Pisces, maybe if you wish it enough it will drive that energy towards you that you’re longing for. Actually I’m being honest with that thought. Manifest it and….Pisces April 2018
Overall, the April monthly horoscope for 2018 shows sweet spots during the days around: April 1, 2, 7, 10, 11, 14, 15, 18, 23, 24, 26, and 29. Rough spots are more likely from aspects in days around: 1,2, 4, 5, 10, 11, 17, 18, 25, 26, and 27.
Last updated on February 28, 2018 at 9:18 pm. Word Count: 2629