Welcome to the May Monthly Horoscope 2018 For All Zodiac Signs!
Theme of the Month: COMING UP FOR AIR
In this year of ultra-focus on personal planet retrogrades (bringing our attention inwards and backwards), the May 2018 horoscope reveals a time when we come up for air. Important launches, decisions, and milestones may be very well placed now as we dance in between the end of the post Mercury retrograde shadow period (ending May 4) and the Mars pre-retrograde shadow period that starts May 11.
Mars doesn’t actually go retrograde until June 16 but a sensitive person or others paying attention will likely notice the slow down in momentum and decrease in ambitions that is common during Mars retrograde much earlier than the actual transit begins.
There can still be some great energy for getting things done in May, even after May 11 when the Mars pre-shadow slow down could start to show up. I especially like the days around May 11 and May 18 when great combinations of planets in the grounded and practical Earth signs occur.
May & June could be great for vacations because when Mars is in retrograde the desire to rest and slack is increased making it more likely that a vacation will be relished in, making it easier to leave work and worries behind. The rest of the Summer (and Winter down under) can be great for vacations, too, but note that we have eclipses commanding focus again in July and August, as well as another round of Mercury retrograde July-August.
Although there is much representation of planets in Earth signs this month, sprinkles of zest and drive will be noted from Mercury in Aries for the first half of May and scattered, highly communicative and mobile Gemini energies will be present all month from Venus and then the Sun rolling through this sign. Restlessness will be a key note even as level-headed Earth signs bring counter balance. Home and family-loving Cancer energies start to come in just after mid-month as Venus moves into that sign. Venus in Cancer combined with the travel-ready Gemini energies make trips back home or to places that were previously home or feel like home more desired and likely.
Check out more May Highlights:
** Note: often the effects of planetary transits are felt before or after the actual day the transit occurs.
- May 6 — Sun in Taurus Sextile Neptune in Pisces — This can be a great time to get things done and it is one of my favorite days of the month for that! Awesome for launches that are truly ready and can’t wait until the end of the year. Heart and mind are connected beautifully from this astrological combination.
- May 7 — Mercury in Aries Square Pluto in Capricorn — Foot-in-mouth syndrome is more likely now. Be more cautious with words, actions, and physical movement.
- May 7 — Venus in Gemini Square Neptune in Pisces — Guard financial and other personal information more at this time.
- May 8 — Sun in Taurus Opposing Jupiter in Scorpio — This is a classic aspect for overdoing. It is likely that trying to fit things in during this open week from retrograde shadow periods could leave you tired and run down. Try to balance sleep and vitamins with the push to use the open time.
- May 11 — Sun in Taurus Trine Pluto in Capricorn — I love this aspect for pulling through important things. There is much support for tangible productivity now.
- May 13 — Mercury in Aries Conjunct Uranus in Aries — Surprising, even jolting news or physical experiences are more likely now, for better or worse. Guard your head and circulatory and nervous systems more now.
- May 15 — New Moon at 24° of Taurus — Time for New Moon Wishes on the topics of sustainability, material items, finances, self-esteem (especially as it relates to making money and being physically cared for), and topics related to throat, chin, neck, thyroid, voice, and vocal chords. There are some great energetic potentials at this time but also do note two powerful transits at this time that will blend with the New Moon energies (see transits below).
- May 15 — Uranus enters Taurus (for the first time since 1935-1942) —Uranus changes signs around every 7 years. The planet of surprises, upsets, and technological advancement moves into the realm of Taurus now for a long stay. Some notable things that occurred in the world the last time Uranus was is Taurus was World War II, The Great Depression, the abdication of King Edward the VIII, major advancements in the aviation and many other industries including the first TransPacific airmail and passenger service, significant advancements in medicine, mathematics, physics, and many other areas. Notable Earth changes and more extreme weather is likely during this time as well as world-changing technological and other advancements. A notable expansion of space travel and understanding about extraterrestrial topics are likely. Major changes to money systems and institutions are likely, too.
- May 16 — Mars in Aquarius Square Uranus in Taurus — We have three passes of this aspect. The first begins May 10 peaking the strongest between May 12-19. The second pass is strongest July 28-August 6, 2018. The third and final aspect will be felt most September 17-22, 2018. This aspect can bring solar-flares and their natural counterparts, volatility and aggression. Follow hunches closely at this time to help avoid areas and situations of conflict.
- May 18 — Mercury in Taurus Trine Saturn in Capricorn — This is another beautiful aspect for getting important things done. Much support and accomplishment could occur now.May 23 — Mercury in Taurus Opposing Jupiter in Scorpio — The tendency to overspeak is more likely. Keep in mind the saying, “Loose lips sink ships”. Also, guard your voice and throat especially now.
- May 25 — Jupiter in Scorpio Trine Neptune in Pisces — This is the second and last pairing of these heavy-hitter outer planets, the first was in December 2017. This combination can optimism, generosity, and spiritual breakthroughs. I love this aspect for combining idealism and material success. The lesson with this line-up is that financial success and spirituality can coincide.
- May 26 — Venus in Cancer Opposing Saturn in Capricorn — This aspect often brings overstimulation of home and work. Topics involving mothers, motherhood, home and family could be in conflict with father, fatherhood, career, work, or one’s place out in the world.
- May 29 — Full Moon at 29° of Sagittarius — Fullness, completion, fruition, and possibly drama (for better or worse) is more likely now in the areas ruled by Sagittarius ~ teaching, learning, long-distance travel, different countries, cultures, and languages, publishing, spiritual and religious studies and other topics. Major travel could come to pass now as could notable education milestones.
The Full Moon in Libra is March 31st.
The New Moon in Aries is April 15th.
2018 May Forecast For Each Zodiac Sign
Overall, the May horoscope 2018 shows sweet spots during the days around: May 6, 11, 13, 18, 19, 23, 25, and 29 . Rough spots are more likely from aspects in days around: May 7, 8, 12, 13, 15, 16, 20, 23, and 26.
Last updated on April 20, 2018 at 4:19 am. Word Count: 1159